Sunday 28 April 2013

Surrender is the key to recovery. You need to just accept that you are not in control of your life. Hand it over to the God of your understanding daily. Every morning get your lazy ass out of bed and spend a quiet minute asking for the knowledge of your God's will. Ask for the courage and power to understand and perform this higher purpose. My life needs to be dedicated to helping others, not dwelling in my own disease of ego.
Sounds pretty simple but i for one am a creature of habits, not very good ones i'll have you know. I keep finding myself saying "What if...".. wara wara bullshit.. I have made my own bed. I find it easy to reflect and get depressed. I want things my way..THAT is the biggest problem with addiction. Time to let go and let God.
I know a lot of addicts that do not believe in the shining judgmental God. Many of them believe that "God" communicates through people or situations. This works fine. You only need be willing to believe in a higher purpose, even if that purpose is not attached to a specific entity.
This 12 step program works for all addiction. From compulsive eating to crack cocaine. All you need do is demote yourself in your scale of important people. Help another. Anybody will do, you will be given an opportunity daily to be of assistance to something. Grab that opportunity with both hands and run with it. It is within that process that you will find your own salvation..

No comments:

Post a Comment